Running a business can be a bit like drinking from a hosepipe – as a business owner, you can often be faced with hundreds of tasks on a daily basis, making it overwhelming trying to decide exactly what could be outsourced.
With that in mind, I’ve put together this handy guide to the top ten tasks you can quickly and easily pass to a Virtual Assistant, safe in the knowledge that they will save you time, money, and most importantly, your sanity.
1. Document production – Over the last year, how many hours have you lost at the mercy of Microsoft Word? If you wonder why your formatting goes haywire with every keystroke, or just don’t have time to spare, this is a task which could easily be passed to a Virtual Assistant. Many VAs are experts in using Word, and in ensuring that business-critical letters, contracts and proposals are beautifully formatted, spellchecked and presented.
2. Social media – A social-media savvy VA is worth their weight in gold. Your VA can schedule your social media content in advance, so that posts go out automatically while you focus on other priorities.
3. Website updates – By outsourcing your website updates and maintenance to a Virtual Assistant, you will save hours updating plug-ins, creating blog posts and more.
4. Expenses – VAs who handle finance-related tasks should be registered for Anti-Money Laundering, but if you’re a ‘carrier bag full of receipts’ type, having a registered VA handle this task will ensure you are prepared come tax return time.
5. Diary management – This one is a no-brainer. Lucy Brazier, CEO of Marcham Publishing (publisher of Executive Secretary magazine), is right in saying that if you don’t have an Assistant, you ARE an Assistant, so let your VA book important meetings on your behalf.
6. Event management – Many VAs have events backgrounds and are experts in planning the intricate details of conferences, dinners and functions, leaving you free to focus on the purpose of the event.
7. Newsletters – Email marketing is always hot topic. Let your VA design and distribute your newsletters and mailshots, and ensure your signup forms adhere to current regulations.
8. Project management – Almost everything a VA does can be classified as a project, and a Virtual Assistant can act as PM for a whole host of initiatives, giving you time to concentrate on your business strategy while operations are taken care of.
Proofreading – God is in the detail, and a good VA will spot a rogue typo or full stop at 500 paces!
Personal errands – Children’s birthday? Last-minute anniversary gift? A happy home life can make all the difference to the success of a Director, and a VA can handle your lifestyle tasks while you focus on being the best at what you do.
While the above list isn’t exhaustive, a good Virtual Assistant will expertly take all those tasks off your hands which drain your energy and time.
If you’re thinking of hiring a VA but don’t know where to start, get in touch to discuss how a Portfolio PA Virtual Assistant could help you focus on being your brilliant best.
COPYRIGHT 2022 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - PORTFOLIO PAWEBSITE DESIGNED & DEVELOPED BY MANTRA MEDIA LTD